Our RISE programme, through Gr8 Minds, forms part of a package of support available for young people in the Wharfedale, Airedale and Craven areas.
The service offers young people 1:1 Counselling with a trained therapist. The sessions aim to support young people around a range of issues;
- a mental health condition, such as depression, anxiety or an eating disorder
- an upsetting physical health condition
- a difficult life event, such as a bereavement, a relationship breakdown or problems at school
- difficult emotions – for example, low self-esteem or anger
- other issues, such as sexual identity
The focus of the meetings is to increase resilience & confidence, develop skills to identify & deal with risks, support to reduce or stop substance use & support to engage in meaningful activities.
We also aim to raise awareness and resilience amongst young people in the community by delivering outreach work, awareness raising and brief interventions across the community.
The service is delivered in places appropriate to young people including local schools and GP surgeries.
RISE take referrals from GPs and Schools. For more information call us on 01535 610180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org